At Folkestad, we know that moving can be a hassle. We’re here to make it easier. With over a decade of experience in international moving, we know how to streamline the relocation process, whether you’re moving around the corner or across the country.
Planning Your Relocation
Organization is the key to successful residential or business relocation. To get a head start on moving your family or company to a new place, follow the steps outlined in our helpful planning timeline:
4-6 weeks before you move
- Notify your local post office about your move.
- Create a list of businesses, relatives, and friends that need to know you are moving.
- Start selling, donating or giving away any items you don’t plan to bring with you.
2-3 weeks before you move
- Get your family ready for the move with going away parties and final visits.
- Prepare all your household items for packing and transport.
- Plan a date to have your utilities disconnected at your old home.
- Have any drapes or rugs cleaned.
1-2 weeks before you move
- Bring pets to the veterinarian for any last-minute check-ups or treatments.
- Give away or dispose of household plants you aren’t taking with you
- Clean out your space at any local facility where you keep items, such as the gym or bowling alley.
- Return library books and any other borrowed items.
1 day before you move
- Thoroughly check all parts of your home, including inside closets and under beds, to guarantee that nothing is left behind.
- Point out fragile items to movers so they know to take extra care.
- Unplug any electronic items so they have time to cool off before moving day.
On moving day, our movers will work with you to package and load your items with the utmost care. You can trust us to ensure that all your possessions arrive at your new home on time and intact, no matter how far away you’re moving.
Trust Folkestad as Your Moving Planners
Call Folkestad today at 928-771-2704 to learn more about how we can simplify your next move.