Packing Tips for Moving
Here at Folkestad, we know what it takes to make a move flow smoothly. As part of our commitment to making sure that you and your family or business get the most out of your move, we’ve compiled a list of packing tips to help you stay organized and guarantee a seamless, stress-free relocation.
Simple Tips for Packing
As soon as you know that a move is on the horizon, start de-cluttering and organizing. Go through your belongings and sell or donate any items you no longer use or need. Once you know what you want to keep, use our helpful tips to ensure that your possessions are packed safely.
- Pack rarely used rooms first.
- Dust items as you pack them so they are clean when you remove them.
- Use strong boxes and keep supplies handy at all times.
- Wrap small items in colored tissue paper to ensure they stand out and are protected.
- Fill boxes completely; if a box has extra space, add packing material to fill in the gaps.
- Before sealing boxes, shake them make sure they are packed full to avoid denting.
- Place pillows, clothing and other textiles in clear garbage bags before packing them in boxes.
- Pack bathroom toiletries in plastic bags.
- Place a layer of packing material at the top of each box to avoid accidentally cutting the belongings when you open the carton with a utility knife later.
Pack a suitcase for each member of your family, as if you were going on a vacation, so that you have easy access to clothing, toiletries and other necessary items as you travel to your new destination.
We’ll Help You Pack and Move
At Folkestad, we have the experience necessary to move you and your family efficiently and safely to your new home. Call us today at 928-771-2704 for a quote or to learn more about how our full-service moving company can help you.